Spring is coming, and this fresh, fruity, tangy, savory meal is perfect for grilling on the beautiful days ahead. It’s easy, delicious and sure to impress. Plus, that Hawg Sauce kick will bring the flavor to a whole other level. Follow along and try it out…
1 lb – Chicken tenderloins, diced into 1-inch pieces
1 large red onion, quartered
2 poblano peppers, cut into pieces
6 large peaches, cut into half then quartered (making a total of 8 pieces)
1 bottle – McMasters’ Hawg Sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice
12 (or more) bamboo skewers, pre-soaked
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to putting on the grill.
2. Next, cut up your chicken into pieces and marinate in half the bottle of McMasters’ Hawg Sauce BBQ sauce. Let marinate for 20+ minutes.
3. While the chicken is marinating, chop up the poblano, onion and peaches. Next, start threading the pieces of chicken, peaches, poblano and pieces of onion (approximately 3 pieces thick of onion) on the skewers.
4. Next, heat your grill to medium direct heat- approximately 350° degrees. Oil the grill grates so your skewers (mainly the chicken) don’t stick to the grill.
5. Take about ½ cup of Hawg Sauce bbq sauce and mix it with 2 tbsp of orange juice to create a glaze. Brush the skewers with this glaze the last few minutes on the grill.
6. Grill the skewers for 10 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temp of 170° degrees with an internal read thermometer, like the ThermoPro.
7. Flip the skewers a few times so the pieces are evenly cooked on all sides (and don’t forget to finish with the glaze).
8. Serve with warmed bread (naan, pita, tortillas) on the grill or saffron or coconut rice. These skewers are great as peaches come into season in the summer time!
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think by commenting below or visiting us on Facebook!