Fresh, healthy, and delicious, this unique take on a cobb salad adds a splash of McMasters’ Hawg Sauce barbecue sauce for an extra bit of tangy flavor! It’s light but still savory, and it will fill you up with the perfect combo of fresh veggies and deliciously-seasoned chicken.
- 3-4 romaine lettuce bunches (chopped with salad choppers)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- 1 avocado (peeled and sliced)
- 1 package grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup McMasters’ Hawg Sauce
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1. Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and McMasters’ Hawg Sauce and marinate 6 hours or overnight.
2. Place lettuce in cool and serve tray. Peel and cut cucumber in half and slice cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado using a quick slice.
3. Arrange cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese in diagonal rows, leaving an open row down the center. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Place chicken on charcoal grill.
5. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally and brushing with McMasters’ Hawg Sauce.
6. Remove chicken from grill; cool slightly and slice.
7. Arrange chicken down center of salad, sprinkle with bacon, and drizzle dressing and McMasters’ Hawg Sauce over salad.
8. Toss gently and serve immediately.