(Special thanks to Marty & Tammy B. for creating and sharing this recipe!)
We’ve all had those delicious barbecue chicken pizzas, but this one takes it to another level. One of our very own customers created this Hawg Sauce-infused recipe. With the perfect amount of barbecue flavor from the McMasters’ Hawg Sauce to the melty, crispy cheese, to the fresh punch from the pineapple, you’re going to have to try this to believe how good it is! Let’s get started…
- McMaster’s Hawg Sauce
- Red Onion sliced (Save a small amount to garnish)
- (1) 8oz can of Pineapple Chunks (in pineapple juice)
- 8oz Fresh or Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- (2) Flatbreads
- (1/2) Poblano Pepper cut in thin strips
- (1) Chicken Breast grilled or browned in frying pan (cut into bite size pieces and smothered in McMaster’s Hawg Sauce)
- Cilantro chopped
1. Caramelize the onion and pineapple in a frying pan with Olive Oil, stirring often until juice has evaporated.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Prepare flatbreads by slathering McMasters’ Hawg Sauce from edge to edge.
4. Top with BBQ Chicken (or skip this step to make one vegetarian).
5. Add pineapple mixture, poblano strips, and mozzarella to the flatbread.
6. Bake on aluminum foil for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is light brown.
7. Remove from oven and garnish with sliced onion and cilantro.