The weather outside is frightful, but this soup is so delightful. Warm yourself up with this cozy, hearty, tangy McMasters’ Hawg Sauce Chicken Soup. It’s easy to put together and we promise it will hit the spot on these chilly evenings.
2 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and shredded (or try rotisserie chicken for a quicker recipe!)
1 cup McMasters’ Hawg Sauce
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1 can (14oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cans (15oz) pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn.
4. Add chicken broth, McMasters’ Hawg Sauce, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
5. Bring to boil for 4-5 minutes, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.