We finally have some cooler weather ahead – and that means we have some perfect evenings for a hearty meal. Lucky for you, this one is incredibly simple and incredibly tasty. All you need is a few ingredients, a slow cooker, and some McMasters’ Hawg Sauce and it’s set-it-and-forget-it.
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs (we recommend Italian flavor)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
Approx. 1/4 cup Hawg Sauce (Feel free to add more for extra flavor!)
1. In mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, salt, sage.
2. Add ground beef and Hawg Sauce.
3. Mix together and shape into a log.
4. Place in slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours.
5. Remove meatloaf from slow cooker and drain off the grease.
6. Place meatloaf back in slow cooker and pour topping (see below) over it. Cook on high for 15 minutes.
Topping – mix all ingredients together:
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Hawg Sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp nutmeg