This tangy, sweet sauce marries perfectly with the crisp, colorful veggies and tender chicken in this twist on a classic stir fry.
2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 colored bell pepper, jullienne
12 oz. frozen broccoli
8 oz. frozen snow peas
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 large egg whites
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 c. water
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 c. McMasters Hawg Sauce
1/3 c. rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Thoroughly beat together marinade ingredients with a fork. Marinate chicken pieces for 10-30 minutes, uncovered, in the fridge. Remove and place in a saucepan of gently boiling water with an additional tablespoon of vegetable oil. Boil 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add broccoli and peppers and cook until just barely tender. Remove to a separate bowl.
3. Transfer chicken from boiling water to the skillet, and stir fry until fully cooked (no pink centers or 165).
4. While chicken is cooking, combine sauce ingredients, mixing first water with cornstarch, then adding the remaining sauce ingredients.
5. Add snow peas to the chicken in the skillet and cook 1 minute, just until snow peas are glistening. Reduce heat to medium
6. Return the broccoli and peppers to the skillet and pour the sauce over, and stir.
7. Allow sauce to thicken in the pan (no more than 5 minutes) and immediately serve over rice.